Thursday 15 March 2012

Dating an Indian Guy

Who doesn't want to date Indian men? Even guys wish they were a girl and eventually a girlfriend of an Indian man. Ting tong. It is time to wake up. I am an Indian girl and I can say for sure that Indian men are not the most attractive lot. They might score an extra point on one or two aspects. But, really, dating an Indian man, I do not want to do it.

I have gone around with nothing less 10 guys in my life and all of them Indians. No points for guessing that. Here is what I have learned from my experiences.

Indian men are hairy. All of them. I am not saying that Indian women are not, but they know how to take care of it and they do. Men are still going through the evolutionary process of learning to worry about their hygiene. The hair in unventilated areas and then the heat makes them stink. I wouldn't lay the responsibility of Indian summers on men, but they need to be well prepared.

Indian men are way too emotional. That's probably because Indian culture and upbringing makes them like that. They are taught to respect elders, love the siblings etc. This is not inappropriate by any means, but the kind of love and respect we exchange with each other, at times, obstructs our mental growth and leaves the men a little immature.

Indian men are less manly/masculine. Indian men lack that confidence, which guys from other countries like USA would carry. No wonder dating in India is a lot tougher for men. This happens because they are pampered and cared all through their childhood and most part of their adulthood. I have known this since forever that kids in the west are kicked out of their homes once they touch 14-15 and are asked to learn to earn on their own. Parents and grown up kids living under the same roof is not uncommon in India.

Indian men are brainy. I really have no reason for this, but I have found this to be true. This probably happens that Indian parents always instruct their kids to study hard or get ready to face the consequences when they grow up. "It's not at all easy to find a job these days". Sounds familiar?

Indian men are caring. No second thoughts about this one. Being more emotional than their western counterparts, they know how to take care of their partners. They know how to shower love and emotions on their girlfriends. They would pretty much do anything to prove that they love you. But, alas, there is so much more to life than sharing love and joy.

Indian men believe that men are superior than women. While this may  not be true for all men, but the fraction of people having this as their deep-rooted belief would be a lot more in Indian than anywhere else.
As a disclaimer, all that I have written above is my own thought and opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment